Sunday, July 09, 2006

Vacation

The first week in July, the day after we closed on our new house and two days after loading and unloading a moving truck, we left for a week-long vacation with my family near Glacier National Park. We stayed in Whitefish, Montana in a ski cabin with my parents, sister, brother and their spouses. It's been a fast-paced few months since coming to Prince of Peace and a vacation was a wonderful Sabbath. I thought I'd share a few pictures and highlights of the trip.



This is the first that Dad has seen his new granddaughter. I'm not sure that smile evaporated the entire time we were there.

My parents watched our girls one of the days while the siblings and inlaws Walked in the Trees near Big Mountain Ski Resort. Guides led us on a short mountain bike ride, hike with a naturalist, and then strapped us to steel lines and walked us on platforms among the trees.




My sister wondered why Bekah seemed to be having so much fun even though all she did was lay on her back and grab her heels. Thinking she might be missing something, Jana convinced her husband Vince to join her on the sofa, flanking Bekah, and assume that position. Fortunately, or not, we captured the moment on the camera. You can almost hear Bekah asking, "What are these fools trying to do?"

A highlight of my vacation was spending time with Charis as she gets older. The former science teacher in me thoroughly enjoyed pointing out plants and bugs to my own daughter. God has made such a wonderful world and I am honored to help another generation appreciate its beauty and intricacy.