Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lenses


A day off! I wanted to hear about the General Synod meeting this morning so I sought the internet. Google shows nothing, of course, of this 19th century church, so I resorted to the RCA’s website. Information here is neutered and filtered through the lenses of whatever leadership has decided is Our Goal. I look to Blogger and find several entries, each of which is more disturbing that the other. These Chicken Little’s have their own lenses through which the news is filtered: lenses of sexism, fear, gnosticism and a heretical cocktail of LaHaye, Bright and Darby.


Frustrated, watched “Saved!” which I borrowed from Isaac and thoroughly enjoyed. It's cathartic to watch the fear-based, gnostic, heretical wing of the church satirized. Maybe if the girls nap at the same time, I'll put in Constantine, cathartic in its own way...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

15/2/07 04:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home